At Pragmatic Brains, we are creating a breakthrough system to support human interactions in the digital world
Principal Engineer Interactive Systems
During the current situation we are fully remote, in the future there is the possibility of working in an office in Wrocław, Warsaw or Bydgoszcz.
Our headline is “Real Life Interactions in the Digital World” and that’s what we deliver! Instead of using Zoom and a stack of external tools, our product provides an integrated and customizable set of rooms, control over logic and rules for transition between them, and integrates many engaging tools.
Initially, we are using our platform to deliver systems for governments (virtual court hearings) and to handle training (see our short promotional film: https://vimeo.com/522423617)
If you want to work with a system that supports real time user actions, you enjoy working on concurrent operations, and you value well-modeled code, then join our team!
One last thing – lots of companies say they only hire the best. In our team, we have winners of the IT Olympics, a leading DDD trainer in Poland, the author of one of the best books on modeling, and a developer who previously worked on the largest distributed cache in the world (you have probably used it quite often if you watch movies or vloggers on a website starting with “YouT ..”.
- Higher IT education.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating Java applications (we always work with the latest version).
- Knowledge of basic application design methods, such as: DDD Strategic Design, Clean Architecture, Enterprise Integration Patterns etc. In general, you know how to design applications such as news feeds and chat, with scalability and a low response time.
- Ability to express code using various paradigms (e.g. OO Design Patterns, DDD Tactical Patterns, Enterprise Design Patterns or FP) selected depending on the context of the problem
- Very good knowledge of Spring
- Experience with DevOps is welcome: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, network issues
- Experience with concurrency in Java
- High quality work culture: providing well-designed solutions that are comprehensively tested automatically
- If you are a Full Stack developer, even better 🙂
- The chance to join a team of highly motivated, interesting people who are constantly learning new skills and encountering new challenges.
- A start-up atmosphere with a stable financial situation (our product already has orders with licenses for European governments).
- Working on a breakthrough product for interaction in the digital world – not a boring business support system or yet another e-shop.
- Initial contract for 1 year, then extension for an indefinite period
- Private medical care
- MacBook Pro laptop M1 or equivalent
- Possibility of occasional work in our office in the Netherlands (Of course, we will cover the costs for hotels, flights, and all the team building social activities :))
Salary: From 28000 to 32000 PLN gross depending on experience and criteria met